Learn valuable nursing skills to help prevent hospital admissions
Is the person you care for in hospital or leaving soon?
- Have they recently been in hospital and are now being treated at home by community or district nurses?
- Have they have had surgery or an infection?
- Are they visiting their local GP surgery for a disability or long-term condition?
- Want to avoid an unnecessary trip back to A&E or to your GP?
- Would you like to learn clinical skills and gain a better understanding of the NHS structure to prevent the person you are looking after from being admitted to hospital?
Join other carers on this crucial course and learn basic, but vital, clinical skills that once learned, you can use for life.
This is a free one day workshop that will help you keep the person you are looking after safer and healthier at home. This training is run in association with NHS Health Education England and Enfield Community Education Provider Network.
Topics covered include:
- Medication safety at home and side effects awareness
- Skin care and prevention of pressure sores or ulcers
- Avoid hospital re-admissions through prevention
- Awareness of swallowing difficulties and NHS support for this condition
- Signs of allergies or infection and what action to take
- Unwell out of hours – what community services can you access where to go / who to call
All attendees with receive an attendance certificate and our training booklet.
Call to book as places are limited – 020 8366 3677