The Carers Assessment focuses on your caring role and the impact that it is having on different areas of your life namely:
- Physical and mental well-being
- Family and other relationships
- Accessing education, employment and volunteering opportunities
- Ability to provide care to a child/children
- Maintaining a habitable home environment
- Being able to access social activities
- Managing and maintaining good nutrition
You may be informed about services and provided with information relevant to your situation to reduce any negative impacts that your caring role might be having on other areas of your life.
You may be entitled to a Carers Direct Payment dependant on the outcome of your assessment and your needs as a carer.
Enfield Carers Centre would recommend that all carers take the opportunity to have an assessment. It may not always result in drastic changes in the amount of support you will receive but even if the assessment concludes that you are coping well, you should be offered a review each year.
If you would like to arrange an assessment, or have any questions about the process, please give a member of our team a call on 020 8366 3677; or email: email@example.com we would be happy to assist.