What is a Transition Service?

Transitions is all about moving a child with special needs from Children’s Services to Adult Services.

During transition, young people should be supported by staff working across agencies so that they can plan for the care that they will need from health, social, education, housing and employment services.

Print the latest Transition Project brochure.

Do you care for a young person or young adult with additional needs aged 14 to 25 years?

Our experienced staff can support parents and carers of young people and adults aged 14 to 25 who have learning, physical or other additional needs with the transition from children’s to adult services. We can support parents and carers while their children are in the early stages of transition at 14 onwards and through to 25 years of age as carers of dependant young people and adults.

The young person may be leaving school and considering college, day centre or training or preparing to move to new accommodation. We can help with this important transition by:

  • Meeting with you at home or elsewhere and listening to your concerns
  • Providing free and independent information and advice and advocacy services which may include:
  • Attending meetings with professionals or negotiating educational placements and/or care packages
  • Preparing letters or emails on your behalf or assisting you with writing your own
  • Discussing options that may be available including challenging decisions and making formal complaints

Whatever your care needs we can help.

To find out more, please email: transitions@enfieldcarers.org