Enfield Carers Centre is Beginning to Reopen its Doors!
We know that many Carers may be anxious about things opening up and are worried about new virus strains, vaccine resistance and the health and well-being of themselves and the person they care for. Therefore, we are going to open up in stages and talk to Carers and staff along the way to find out what is working and what isn’t. Below is a summary of how it will work:
Support groups from 21st June 2021
- Both online and in the Centre.
- Limited numbers to enable social distancing to take place at all times.
- Call the Centre and let us know if you would like to attend in person.
- Once we reach the maximum number of people, only online space will be available.
- Wear a mask if you’re coming to the group
Please do not just turn up without booking as we will not be able to let you in and we don’t want to disappoint anyone!
People joining online from home will be able to see and hear everybody at the group and the people in the Centre will be able to see everybody joining from home on a large screen, so everyone will be able to participate.
Everybody coming to the Centre will be asked to wear a mask, sanitise their hands and to have their temperature taken when they enter the building.
Social distancing rules and other safety measures will apply and you will need to wear a mask and be sat on the opposite side of the room with a member of staff who’s also wearing a mask or face shield.
Carers attending events in the Centre are required to follow our one-way system which is clearly marked and comply with our safety guidelines.
Appointments in the Centre from 21st June 2021
- Our doors will remain closed to drop in’s
- Limited numbers of agreed, pre-booked face-to-face appointments in the Centre are available to those unable to access services online or via the phone.
- There may be a waiting list for these appointments
Counselling Sessions from 21st June 2021
- Face-to-face, telephone or online options
- Choose the option that suits you best and tell us at your telephone pre-assessment.
- Wear a mask or face shield
Face to face appointments will be very limited as team members will only be available on certain days so we would encourage you to continue working with our Benefits, Assessment and Support staff online or over the phone wherever possible.
If you think you need a one-to-one meeting, please discuss this with the member of staff you’re working with.
We will do our best to arrange things as quickly as possible. Again, we realise it’s been a difficult year and a half and we’ve missed having Carers in the Centre so we are really looking forward to seeing you all in a safe and practical way. We will, of course, continue to review our services, to talk to you to find out what’s working and what isn’t and to ensure that Carers are at the heart of everything that we do.
Read our latest newsletter for more details October – December 2021 Carers Voice Newsletter.