ECC telephone line opening times are now Monday to Friday between 10am & 4pm
Wednesday 11am – 3pm
Fridays 1pm – 4pm
We understand many Carers prefer face-to-face contact with Centre staff but may still be worried about the fact that the COVID-19 virus is still with us, despite the removal of restrictions. We want to keep carers and our staff safe, so all visitors are still required to follow good hygiene rules e.g. mask wearing, hand-sanitising etc. Carers attending the Centre are required to follow and comply with our safety guidelines.
These are the only times when carers can come to the Centre without a pre-booked appointment. Please understand that you may have to wait to be seen and our waiting space is limited so you may have to wait outside or in your car.
Please do not turn up at the Centre outside these drop-in times (unless you have a definite appointment), as you will not be seen.
- All groups are hybrid (both online and in the Centre)
- Limited numbers (10 max in training room and 8 in Lavender) continue for face to face places
- Call the Centre and let us know if you would like to attend in person
- Once we reach the maximum number of face-to-face spaces, only online space will be available
- You may be asked to wear a mask whilst at the group
People joining online from home will be able to see and hear everybody at the group and the people in the Centre will be able to see everybody joining from home on a large screen, so everyone will be able to participate.
Advice & Appointments in the Centre
Social distancing rules and other safety measures still apply so you may need to wear a mask and be sat on the opposite side of the room from a member of staff who’s also wearing a mask or face shield or who may be behind a screen. Face to face appointments are limited as team members will only be available on certain days/times, so we would encourage you to continue working with our Benefits, Assessment and Support staff online or over the phone wherever possible.
- A limited number of pre-booked face-to-face appointments in the Centre are available to those unable to access services online or via the phone.
- There may be a waiting list for these appointments
- These appointments are not for Blue Badge/Taxicard applications.
- Face-to-face, telephone or online options are available
- Choose the option that suits you best and tell us at your telephone pre-assessment.
- Wear a mask or face shield during your face-to-face session
As always, we’ll continue to review how we provide our services, to talk to you to find out what’s working and what isn’t and to ensure that Carers are at the heart of everything that we do.
Help with completing Blue Badge, Taxicard, Dial-a-Ride Applications
Are you or the person you care for Eligible for a Blue Badge?
If you or they have:
Either: A physical diagnosis that means they are unable to walk short distances (0 to 80 meters, about 7 bus lengths); as they are physically unable to walk, experience extreme pain, server breathlessness or a high risk of falling.
Or: A cognitive/mental health diagnosis that means they lack danger awareness or have unpredictable behaviours that may cause risk to self or others, or experience significant psychological distress
And they have evidence of recent surgery, attendance at specialised clinics or a medical history of experiencing pain, breathlessness, falls, challenging behaviours and/or significant psychological distress to support application; then they may meet the eligibility criteria.
If you/your loved one meets the above criteria call Enfield Carers Centre on 020 8366 3677.
If there is a reasonable chance the application will be successful, we will arrange for a member of our team to support you to apply.
If you/they do not meet the criteria, we will be unable to help you with an application.
There is also help available to complete online forms at the following libraries:
- Edmonton Green Library
- Enfield Town Library
- Ordnance Unity Centre Library
- Palmers Green Library
Read our latest newsletter for more details October – December 2022 Carers Voice Newsletter.