ENFIELD CARERS CENTRE introduces twice weekly drop-ins
We understand many Carers prefer face-to-face contact with Centre staff but may still be worried about the fact that the COVID-19 virus is still with us, despite the removal of restrictions. We want to keep carers and our staff safe, so all visitors are still required to follow good hygiene rules e.g. mask wearing, hand-sanitising etc. Carers attending the Centre are required to follow and comply with our safety guidelines.
New Drop-in Times from 9th May 2022
These are the only times when carers can come to the Centre without a pre-booked appointment. Please understand that you may have to wait to be seen and our waiting space is limited so you may have to wait outside or in your car.
Monday 11am – 3pm
Fridays 1pm – 4pm
Please do not turn up at the Centre outside these drop-in times (unless you have a definite appointment), as you will not be seen.
New sessions – Help with completing Blue Badge, Taxicard, Dial-a-Ride Applications
Do you need help completing an online application form for a Blue Badge, Taxicard or Dial-a-Ride? Our staff can help and also show how to do this, so that in future you’ll feel more confident about renewing such applications in future. We offer carers one-to-one appointments which need to be booked in advance. You’ll be asked some questions when you book to make sure that you have a good chance of being successful but, of course, our staff cannot guarantee that your application will be accepted by the decision-making authorities. You’ll also be told which essential documents you need to bring with you to your appointment.
See our events calendar for Online Application Appointment dates or email us for more details or to book an appointment.
There is also help available to complete online forms at the following libraries:
- Edmonton Green Library
- Enfield Town Library
- Ordnance Unity Centre Library
- Palmers Green Library
- All groups are hybrid (both online and in the Centre)
- Limited numbers (10 max in training room and 8 in Lavender) continue for face to face places
- Call the Centre and let us know if you would like to attend in person
- Once we reach the maximum number of face-to-face spaces, only online space will be available
- You may be asked to wear a mask whilst at the group
People joining online from home will be able to see and hear everybody at the group and the people in the Centre will be able to see everybody joining from home on a large screen, so everyone will be able to participate.
Advice & Appointments in the Centre
Social distancing rules and other safety measures still apply so you may need to wear a mask and be sat on the opposite side of the room from a member of staff who’s also wearing a mask or face shield or who may be behind a screen. Face to face appointments are limited as team members will only be available on certain days/times, so we would encourage you to continue working with our Benefits, Assessment and Support staff online or over the phone wherever possible.
- A limited number of pre-booked face-to-face appointments in the Centre are available to those unable to access services online or via the phone.
- There may be a waiting list for these appointments
- These appointments are not for Blue Badge/Taxicard applications.
- Face-to-face, telephone or online options are available
- Choose the option that suits you best and tell us at your telephone pre-assessment.
- Wear a mask or face shield during your face-to-face session
As always, we’ll continue to review how we provide our services, to talk to you to find out what’s working and what isn’t and to ensure that Carers are at the heart of everything that we do.
Read our latest newsletter for more details April – June 2022 Carers Voice Newsletter.