Safe and Connected/Telecare is a twenty four-hour emergency service run by the Enfield Council that helps people live independently and safely in their own homes.
How it works
A connection to Safe and Connected is created using your telephone line. You will also be given a pendant or other sensor device, depending on your needs. When you press your pendant, it sends an alarm to Safe and Connected where staff will call you to check what the problem is. If necessary they will send a response officer to your home so you get the help you need as soon as possible.
When an alert is sent to Safe and Connected, trained staff will know who and where you are and what response is needed. Even if they can’t hear you via the speech unit, they will still be able to act on your call in response to emergency alarms.
Safe and Connected services
There are three different types of service:
- Safe Alert – staff will let one of your nominated contacts know to visit you at home (£4.25 per week)
- Safe Response – alerts a Safe and Connected officer to come out to you in an emergency, regardless of the time, day or night. Lifting equipment is available to help if you fall (£6.25 per week)
- Safe & In Touch – includes all the benefits of Safe Response, plus a daily welfare check and regular keep in-touch call from Safe and Connected staff (£8.25 per week)
All customers pay a weekly charge, which will differ depending on what service you need. It may cost less than 1 pound a day if you choose the basic service.
If you would like some more information or a call back then please click this link to complete the Referral form:https://mylife.enfield.gov.uk/enfield-home-page/content/help-and-support/safe-and-connected/
You will have the ability to save a copy of the referral form as a PDF once you have submitted.
Call backs are within 5 working days of the referral and we aim to install your safe & connected within 5 days of service being agreed, dependent on your home environment.
For a brochure with all the details please click here: Safe and Connected_DL leaflet
ECC can help you to access:
• Special fire safety equipment for people with hearing, sight, dementia, physical or mental health issues
• A Fire home Safety Check
• Helpful aids or apps to make things easier at home
- A free android phone
- Advice on how to use and apply for the service
Call Enfield Carers Centre for more information on: 020 8366 3677 or email: email@example.com