Visit the gov.uk site and complete the online form.
It is useful to have an email address that is regularly checked, as this is the quickest way for the Council to contact you.
Supporting documentation can be electronically attached by uploading from the computer on which you fill out the online form.
If possible, take photos of the required documents and transfer them to the computer you use for the form (email or plug in).
If you have a printer that can also scan, this is a good way to capture the documents.
You will need:
- An electronic head shot photo of the person who will own the Blue Badge is also required to be uploaded.
- Proof of identity can be one of driving licence, passport or birth / marriage certificate
- Proof of address needs to be one of council tax bill or letter from a government department.
- Proof of any benefits e.g. PIP or DLA including the mobility assessment
You’ll also need to know:
- your National Insurance number (if you have one)
- the details of your current Blue Badge (if you’re re-applying)
- the medication for the person who will own the Blue Badge
- the names of medical professionals and clinics attended by the applicant
- the medical terms for the conditions suffered, ideally in correspondence from a clinic or medical professional.
A Blue Badge costs £10 in England and usually needs to be renewed every 3 years.
It can take 12 weeks for a decision to be made.
Contact Enfield Council for any questions or reassessments.
If you are a carer registered with Enfield Carers Centre we can help you to complete the forms. Please call: 020 8366 3677 or email: email@example.com for more information.