Social Services can advise you about whether the person you care for will be eligible for care at home. To request an assessment for a cared for person who is an adult for call the Enfield Council Access Team on 020 8379 1001.

To find out more details of what happens during a Social Care Needs Assessment click here: What is a Community Care Assessment?

If you care for a child under 18 with additional needs it is advisable to get advice from a specialist organisation of the Council’s Joint Service for Disabled Children before considering any referrals or changes to services.

A good first step is to contact ECC or parent carer groups such as :

These organisations supports families of children with special needs.

Another option is to contact the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator at your child’s school or pre-school. Or you can speak to your Doctor or other Health Professional.

What are Direct Payments(DP)? Is a Carer’s DP different from my loved one’s DP?