There are many ways to be involved. Look at the Thames21 website for all the opportunities but here are a couple of examples:
- Join one of the Wild Walks (guided wildlife walks doing some tree identification and birdwatching as you walk around the site of the Trees for Rivers Project)
- Or add your energy to River Action Days where people can join as volunteers to improve rivers and wetlands by doing clean-ups, gathering data on rubbish accumulation on the tidal Thames, managing vegetation and planting trees.
Activities are in several local sites e.g. Pymmes Park, Turkey Street and Enfield Chase to name a few.
This is a great opportunity for those who:
- love and want to know more about and/or improve our local environment
- love being outdoors (whatever the weather)
- enjoy having an active part in improving rivers and wetlands by doing clean-ups, managing vegetation and planting trees as well as guided wildlife walks.