Emergency Care – Enfield Council

Unexpected things can happen to anyone and carers are no exception. You may get ill, need hospital treatment yourself or have an emergency family matter to deal with that means you’ll have to leave the person you care for a period of time.

If you have family members or close friends who can help cover for you while you’re unable to care then, with a bit of organising, you might find that this is workable for the period required.

However, if you’re caring for someone without the support of other people then Adult Social Services should be contacted to ensure that appropriate care continues to be provided should you not be available. Social Care Services are subject to charges depending on the financial means of the person requiring care; however, there is always a legal duty for social services to arrange care even if the costs of these would then be fully paid for by the person requiring care.

If you need the process, or your rights, explained to you, give Enfield Carers Centre a call.

Emergency Respite from Enfield Carers Centre

In the event that you cannot get emergency care from Enfield Council – we may be able to provide you with up to 72 hours emergency respite care.
We will work with our expert home care delivery partners to provide the emergency care.
Please call us on  020 8366 3677 to discuss your situation.