If you are looking after somebody it can make you feel sad or worried sometimes and it may help to talk to somebody about how you feel. You may feel worried about lots of things such as:
- ‘What will happen if they need me when I am at school?’
- ‘When will I find time to do my schoolwork?’
- ‘What if they get worse?’
- ‘Who can I ask for help?’
- ‘Why can’t I ever just relax and see my friends?’
- ‘Why do I get sad and angry sometimes?’
We can help you to find the answers to all of these questions and any others that you may have.
We can meet with you at school/college or at our centre to talk to you about your caring role and how it is making you feel.
We can place you with a mentor who will meet with you every week, after school and help you to talk about the things that you find a challenge and guide you to achieve some of your goals. Ask the Young Carers Team for more details.